Regularly scheduled network vulnerability scanning can help an organization identify weaknesses in their network security before the bad guys can mount an attack. The goal of running a vulnerability scanner or conducting an external vulnerability assessments is to identify devices on your network that are open to known vulnerabilities without actually compromising your systems. While performing a vulnerability scan is an excellent start, the real value emerges from implementing a process for addressing the identified vulnerabilities. Risk Based Security not only conducts the assessments using the latest in scanning technology we assure that each vulnerability noted is addressed with easy to understand mitigation action recommendations.
Conducting periodic vulnerability scans is the perfect complement to performing regular antivirus updates and applying the necessary security patches for any new critical vulnerability discovered. Quarterly vulnerability scanning goes a long way to helping your organization make sure you discover and mitigate any weaknesses on your network before they can be exploited.
Contact PureWeb Networks to schedule your Network Scan Now!
The overall objective of a Vulnerability Assessment is to scan, investigate, analyze and report on the level of risk associated with any security vulnerabilities discovered on the public, internet-facing devices and to provide your organization with appropriate mitigation strategies to address those discovered vulnerabilities. The Risk Based Security Vulnerability Assessment methodology has been designed to comprehensively identify, classify and analyze known vulnerabilities in order to recommend the right mitigation actions to resolve the security vulnerabilities discovered.
Data Gathering & Project Set up
- Review of the project assumptions;
- Detail the list of IP addresses to be scanned;
- Arrange to configure (IDS/IPS) to accept the originating IP address;
- Optional scan using User credentials;
- Contact information for both parties; and
- Plan the scans including time-of-day
Scanning Tools Set-up
- Configure vulnerability scanning tools for ‘Safe’ mode
- Conduct Vulnerability Scans
- Perform an in-depth scan of the IP addresses provided and any optional User credential scans to identify
- security weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
Vulnerability Research & Verification
- Verify all vulnerabilities discovered
- Identify false positives;
- Determine the potential impact of exploited vulnerabilities;
- Prioritize remediation efforts; and Generate specific recommendations for remediation.
Report Creation & Project Close-out
- Deliver a final report
- Scheduled project close-out teleconference
- Ensure full understanding of the recommended remediation actions
- Facilitate an effective knowledge transfer